Many of our programs could not exist if it weren’t for VOLUNTEERS like you.
We offer a variety of opportunities to serve children and families in our communities. If you are interested in any of the opportunities listed below, please complete the volunteer and intern application.
- Mentor a child 6-21 through Big Brothers Big Sisters or Mentor for Success.
- Host a table at our Stories of Hope Breakfast, or Captain a bowling team at our bowl-a-thon.
- Assemble Welcome Baby packets once or twice a month in The Dalles or Hood River.
- Receptionist-Administrative Assistant: Once a week, spend a morning at the front desk in Hood River.
- Help with filing or basic office tasks.
- Help as an educational assistant in our Klahre House Alternative School.
- Help organize our ever-changing “Children’s Closet” in The Dalles as new donations arrive.
- Become a leadership volunteer by joining a Board Committee or an program’s advisory committee.
- Host a fundraising event or activity to benefit The Next Door.